The Runner Diaries
Inspired by Refinery29’s Money Diaries and The Cut’s Sex Diaries, welcome to The Runner Diaries, where we’re sharing a behind-the-scenes look into a week of training with runners of varying ages and abilities. We’re asking runners of every level, genre (road vs. trail) and distance to share their workouts, training runs and nutritional choices during a seven-day period to get a glimpse into the inner struggles and tribulations of what it means to be a runner.
Get The Runner Diaries delivered straight to your inbox every week by clicking here.
- 33-year-old Jason Fitzgerald of Denver, Colorado — a run coach and 2:39:32 marathoner juggling fatherhood, owning a business, and a daily desire to run.
- 52-year-old Gordon Wright from Marin County, California, a business owner, adventure racer and triathlete whose colossal competitive drive serves as his motivation to train for a 50k trail race.
- 26-year-old Erin Nemeth of Astoria, New York — a marketer in the hospitality industry chasing a Boston Qualifying time in the Salt Lake City Marathon.
- 30-year-old Morgan “Mo” Sjogren of Northern Arizona, a digital nomad, competitive trail runner and full-time running bum training for the U.S. Mountain Running Championships.
- 36-year-old Michael Burke from Boise, Idaho — a former track and cross country runner for the University of Montana turned middle school science teacher, trail runner and Community Outreach Manager for Dirtbag Runners.
- 28-year-old, Brittany Lewis, an Upper East Sider juggling a vigorous PhD program with training for her first Boston Marathon.
- 26-year-old David Leshaw of Jerusalem, Israel — a father and startup founder juggling fatherhood, his faith, and his CEO status with half marathon training.
- 39-year-old Christopher Baker of New York’s Upper East Side — an artist, endurance sport coach, and active member of running and triathlon community The Battalion training to BQ at the New Jersey Marathon.
- Sabrina Wieser, a 31-year-old run coach and competitive runner balancing a rigorous schedule of healthy eating, a digital marketing job, managing her own coaching clients, and training for the New York City Marathon.
- Corey Bellemore of Ontario, Canada. The accomplished track athlete holds the current Beer Mile World Record (4:34:35), and is training for the 2020 Olympics.
- 33-year-old Elizabeth Carey, a public relations guru and former Division I athlete who just recently relocated to Seattle, Washington.