2015 was a big year.
Not just for my athletic endeavors, but also for my career and even my love life! Here’s what I’m most proud of accomplishing, and most excited about sharing, in 2015.
- I ran my second consecutive Boston Marathon, beating my course record with a time of 3:24:28.
- I ran my half marathon PR at the Rock ‘N’ Roll Washington DC half, finishing in 1:35:14.
- I had a heavy hand in ideating and bringing to life one of HuffPost’s biggest campaigns to date with Sleep Number mattresses– you can read about it on AdAge here.
- I finished my very first sprint triathlon, and my very first half ironman in 6 hours, 10 minutes and 50-something seconds.
- I surpassed 1,000 followers on Twitter. (Follow me at @erinkellysays!)
- I began single handedly managing the social media accounts and blog for the BeerFit Brew Mile & 5k Running Series. We have over 8,000 Instagram followers, now!
- I managed the social media and blog for the 2015 season of the Wall Street Decathlon.
- I ran my first beer mile. (It was tough. And it wasn’t pretty.)
- I signed up for my first full ironman (Maryland, 2016)! Yikes.
- I met some new friends — one or two of which I think will be one of those long-lasting, forever type of friendships 🙂
- Along with writing for Greatist.com, I began freelancing for Thrillist’s new health section, and Healthline.com.
- I traveled far and wide (okay, all up and down the east coast!) to attend 3 weddings this summer, capping off my fourth for 2015 in Western Massachusetts in October. There, I fulfilled my first-ever bridesmaid duties for my college roommate and her now husband.
- I met someone special, and we’ll (fingers crossed!) celebrate our one year anniversary in January.
Here’s to 2016!